Mamelodi Sundowns wishes Rhulani Mokwena success in his new job

10/Aug/2017 13:17

Mamelodi Sundowns wishes Rhulani Mokwena success and everything of the best in his new job as Assistant Coach at Orlando Pirates.

Rhulani Mokwena came to Mamelodi Sundowns as one of the youth academy coaches six years ago and was promoted over the years until he became 2nd assistant coach to the head coach Pitso Mosimane.

44 Responses to Mamelodi Sundowns wishes Rhulani Mokwena success in his new job

1. mtho4downs says:

All the best to you Coach Sir Rulani Mokoena on you new job,,,,,, you serves us very well,,,,,,,, but I smell something fishy here

2. I wish him best of luck Sky is the Limit COACH.

3. Moraldinho says:

You will comeback to be the coach in the future bro,googluck

4. Mandla says:

I hope Sundowns were not stupid to let Rulani and maybe two more players to go in exchange of just Oupa Manyisa. What happened ka transfer ya ga Vilakazi should never occur again where we released two players + 6m cash for just 1 player.

5. Bucks says:

All the beset Rhulani in your ne post as assistant to Pirates coach. You have proved yourself to be the head coach an I am sure Pirates is preparing you for that

6. Ronnie Bothma says:

I’m not very happy about this. Its the same job he was doing at Sundowns. I don see the reasoning behind this. But obviously i’m not in the inside to see whats happening. But goodluck anyway. Hope you come back at some point. You one of the brightest young coaches in the country.

7. Fish Bafana says:

Wish he was staying

8. Stephen Sandawana Modimolle says:

Maybe he was a threat to Pitso by reading the game and tactics, I am very angry with management about this decision

9. muzi kunene says:

Rhulani is a shoe shine and piano type of coach he won’t succeed at Pirates and his philosophy together with Micho are not the same,he just go there because his father Julius and Jomo and Grandfather played for Bucs maybe he was under pressure to prove the point to them asazi.Lets promote David Notoane a coach who is also good tactical assist Pitso, Good lucky Rhulani I know you will come back next time because age is still on yo side and we don’t know which deal did they signed Motsepe and Khoza regarding your release to Bucs. Kby forever.

10. Makhosonke says:

We will get another one,we have a lot of developing coaches.vaye sharp boi to the banch of losers

11. Pat says:

wishing you good luck baba

12. Thobani gobizembe says:

All the best coach .thanx for your time with us

13. Peter says:

What is going on Sundowns????

14. steve says:

28 years ago Sundowns did the same thing to help Pirates to avoid relegation by exchanging players such as Basil Steenkamp and Bashin Mahlangu remember?

15. Boitumelo Mathatho says:

You served us well and will be missed. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours

16. collen says:

All the best Coach Rhulani, now is the time to welcome Notoane on board. I have followed David’s progress since joining the team and am pleased with his know-how of the game though Rhulani was on another level and very resourceful. Who can forget the story about him sourcing Real Madrid’s training videos??

Is this perhaps a way Mr President to ensure that Pirates returns to CAF football because we all know the story about Chiefs not willing to go all out in Caf competitions??

17. Thulas says:

Webmaster, why are you always behind other Web sites when it comes to Sundowns, news.? First it was Oupa, Rhulani, now Lewes! No man please do your job. We are supposed to be getting breaking news here not korinte Laduma, Goal and Kickoff.
    Downs bosses must look into this matter urgently

18. What a Looooooooooos maaaaan !!!! Downs plzzzz lets keep our people choping and changing should be a game of d past at Downs. Very-very-very bad dcxn maaaan heyi! Also if we release Mbekile we would be as stupid as a head-less chicken . Downs is lzing it 1 way ds time around.

Plzzzzz downs management explain to us the motive behind releasing RULANI.. TELL US NOW

19. Joseph says:

Farewell and good luck coach, you served us with distinctions. All the best, you will come back as a coach in future. Ka bo yellow.

20. mashasha says:

All the best coach you have done your part a great job at sundowns.We will miss you coach.
    Eish this the part that I dont like in football when big guys leave ur team.it happens every year and its still gonna happen but its hard to accept it.

At least if he was leaving for a head coach job.

21. Dumza123 says:

Best luck on your next job, you have served Sundowns family well from the juniors until the senior team. You have learned a lot growing on Sundowns phillosophy surely you will add value to our Soweto rivals.

22. Frans says:

Good luck my man,you will become a coach in few years to come!

23. Mfana says:

I wish that ther wont b any squables or player power or any internal forces that will derail Sundowns progress in the Champions league,the PSL and other competetions after these surprising developments.Why wud Rhulani jump the ship?In the middle of the Caf Champions league?We r having mo questions than answers.We will miss u Mokoena.Pitso is the one who recruited Rhulani bt strangely he has not resigned&is completing his project as a Sundowns coach.Was there any fallout btwn the two?We wish everyone who is left at Sundowns to up his game &duties for the good of the team.No matter what no-one is greater than this team no one is indespensable&no one is irreplacable.

24. I JST HOPE THEY WOULD NOT EXCHANGE MY CATAPILLAR SHOES MBEKILE IN THIS DEAL BECAUSE WE STILL NEED HIM VERY MUCH IN OUR TEAM. TO RHULANI MOKOENA SIR YOU HAVE SERVED US WITH DISTINCTION THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CONTRIBUTION & WONDERFUL MEMORIES, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF US SAD BT TRUE. SAM Z MAHLASE

25. please pitso let surprise moriri to occupy rhulani s position. Amen

26. Godfather says:

Wish you all the best Rhulani, home sweet home, It looks like even Coach Pitso will follow you as we know he admire Iron Duke more than any 1 .He archived at Downs and he made good money on and off the field. We respect both of you , as you made us to walk tall by Winning CAF and Super Cups. We wish all the best. Coming back for Suprise Moriri is a humble feeling and we are gratefull to all decision makers at Downs. KBY

27. it still puzzle me to see assistant coach leaving ass coach position for an assistant coach position, is it money and more responsibility?

28. it good call this means we have to train another person or even surprise moriri can go to junior staff and promote notoane or sapula

29. Seyda says:

Is Billiat realy leaving???

30. Archie Mhase says:

Is this man a sacrifice for Manyisa?

31. Archie Mhase says:

Mamelodi Sundowns need to issue a statement regard this matter. Makungadlalwa ngathi ppl please.

32. Stoner says:

Congratulation to R Mokoena I wishes you all the best.. Of course its a surprising news, especially leave the team with dreams,undowns for a very struggling team “O.P” I hope to hear a reasons of him you leaving the good team like S

33. Maja says:

Thanks for the immense contribution brother, all the best in your future endeavors.

34. kulakk says:

People are busy Speculating, and Suspecting others … Tjeeeerrrrrrr . No wonder SA is on Junk Status , Black people are always Negative,

35. kulakk says:

Rulani Mokwena ‘s Message :

The message reads as follows:

“This was the hardest decision of my life… but one I had to make.

“Human beings who achieve greatness are driven by challenge. We have to face, without fear, the consequences of our decisions. There will be difficulties but our hard work and God will support us. My soul has insatiable thirst for success. I’ve learnt, I’ve loved, I’ve worked hard, I’ve served diligently and I’ve contributed with every piece of me.

“This club and the yellow nation will forever remain special to me. I appreciate the opportunity and am extremely grateful to the President, his board and the Head coach for believing in me and allowing me to contribute. Thank you to the yellow nation, I have and will always have a special bond with you. You are truly amazing FOOTBALL LOVERS.

“But now I need to try to ease the pain of this sleeping giant, wipe my late grandfather’s tears and allow him to continue to Rest In Peace by responding to another call from a club that continues to live in him.”

36. muzzy says:

Go and grow yo career , we might need u in future

37. Mfana says:

Rhulani Mokoena made a hard decision,why dd he make such decision.I mean going to a club that is having cheap internal politics?Whereby a coach is sabotaged &the team concedes 6 goals in less than 25 minutes?This challenge is not even the head coaching position&the team is outside the top 8?Sundowns is participating in the Caf Champions league a challenge that they r trying to defend(The CCL)it.Rhulani go&get your challenge u have our blessings.We will miss u a lot may God bless u &earn great success.Orlando Pirates is a great team &a massive team.But we r the most ambitious team Kaboyelo everywhere.

38. Ernest says:

Rhulani went to pirates for a very strong reasons. We are outside, so we can’t divulge much. He was promoted to be groomed as a future sundowns coach and this happened. Even our dear President said Rhulani will be Bafana coach and he wants him to coach even overseas. Something was killing the poor boy and he just couldn’t take it anymore hence he took the opportunity by both hands. Let’s hope one day he will come back as a more qualified coach and obstacles will no longer be there. Good luck boy.

39. Godfather says:

Fully support your comment my brother Ernest. From inside the guys like Mshishi salary needed to be adjusted , hope and believe he will get what he deserve.Again I give my president much respect for Honour Mr Cool and Laffour good offer while our good coach wanted to let them go.Coming back for Suprise Moriri is a president will .Nobody else . Oupa and Lebese yellow family welcomes you with yellow hands.

40. kulakk says:

I got a feeling that, Rulani ”ll be back @ Sundowns One day. Yes its bittersweet to lose him, But I’m happy for him .He must go out there and Learn to Adapt to different Enviroments . Yes We all know how Mr Mosimanw Rates Rulani . He spoke Very nice about him. He even went on to say, Rulani can Be More Succesful than Him. So I see this as opprtunity for him to grow . Yes some people talk as if ther was a problem betweeen Pitso & Rulani, but they Never suspected it while He was there.

GO well Coach, I’ll be waiting for ur Return, One day. Yes I got a feeling that u ‘ll be Back, just to thank Mr President for Believing in u.