NEWS

PE Youngsters seek their place in the sun

12/Jun/2013 14:33

Some of the young players who hope to make it into the Mamelodi Sundowns Academy.

A group of 30 players will be invading Chloorkop from Port Elizabeth on June 22 and June 23 in their bid to qualify for acceptance to the Mamelodi Sundowns Academy and other structures. The majority of them are from – P.E.Sundowns Football Club.

The club was founded in 1993 and has divisions at U /11; U /13; U / 15; U /17 and a Senior Team consisting of U /19 and U / 21 Boys.

Club President Mr Mosharha and his executive management of V Katye, Ms N Mpayipheli, M Moli, P Tswayele, and coach M Fushane, are confident of the future of the club, and have agreed to a partnership with Mamelodi Sundowns which will see them channelling youth talent from the region to Chloorkop.

The 30 players were identified during a visit by head of Academy Sam Mbatha.
“I was pleasantly surprised at the talent in the region, and particularly in the young boys at PE Sundowns. Clearly, the club management are great admirers of the Brazillians, and the young boys have great ambitions of making it at higher level,” Mbatha said.

“The whole of the Club Management fully endorse the Proposal for a Partnership with t Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club. During my two days visit in PE Identified a total number of 30 boys. This number has boys from all age groups and an invitation has already been extended to the boys to attend the club’s Academy Trials on the 22nd and the 23rd of June 2013,” Mbatha added.

The players will join other young players who have been invited for assessment.

The visit to Port Elizabeth is part of a campaign by Mamelodi Sundowns to unearth young talent and to develop the boys in line with the vision of the President of Sundowns, Patrice Motsepe, to develop players not only for Sundowns, but for the whole country.

12 Responses to PE Youngsters seek their place in the sun

1. thabang mathelele says:

I will like for mamelodi sundown team

2. david sarmento says:

I would also like to go in the Sundowns academy

3. Thobile says:

I would also like to join the winning team # downs

4. nhlanhla mlambo says:

My name is nhlanhla mlambo I love soccer i am very talented and I would like to share my talent with this team I would like you to reply if you have received this message here are my cell phone numbers

5. nhlanhla mlambo says:

0781545991

6. michael says:

hi am michael am 17yrs old am goalkeeper for kaboyelo fc so i want to join the sundowns trials in june so please contact me on 0724240981 thnk u

7. Mncedisi says:

I would lyk to play for team please tell me when will be next trial i am 14 yrs old please call

8. HY IM SINETHEMBA AND IM A GREAT PLAYER I WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE MY DREAMS BY BEING ACCEPTED INTO THE SUNDOWNS YOUTH TEAM PLS CONTACT ME ON 0820545997

9. thabang mathelele says:

is me again I wll like to trial for u17 team at the mamelodi sunwdows my contact 0734765734

10. thato says:

Iam Thato from Northern cape I wll like to say that I want to join Mamilodi sundowns academy call me at 0789004003 when trials are available pls

11. Dear sir Mr.Mbatha my request is to came all the to shower you my potential,to trailist in you academy. you’rs in sports. my contact: 0719638053.

12. My name is Ofentse (Fenyi -nick name) I am almost 11yrs old I have passion on soccer sport.I want to join Mamelodi Sundowns under age 16 team club.

I will appreciate if I can get the response